Communities Coming Together
Sunshine is fortunate to have the support of many community-led fundraising events across Canada, engaging families and friends in the common goal of raising funds for Sunshine Dreams. Each event is different; some are large, some are small, but they are all organized by caring individuals who want to make a difference in the life of a child living with a severe physical disability or life threatening illness.
A few examples of the support we received from communities across Canada in 2016:
• Crop for Kids – St John’s, Newfoundland
• Amanda Marascio Circle of Hope Golf Tournament – Uxbridge, Ontario
• Christmas Gift Wrapping – Kelowna, British Columbia
• Catan 4 Kidz – Toronto, Ontario
• Country Garden Tour – Maple Ridge, British Columbia
• An Evening with Brushes – Halifax, Nova Scotia
Thank you to all our community fundraisers for your creativity and dedication to Sunshine – you are dream makers!
Sunshine Community Events
- Sunshine on the Hill
During the 2nd annual Sunshine on the Hill, representatives from Sunshine leadership and home office staff visited Ottawa to garner support from communities to make dreams come true for Sunshine Dreamers.Learn about this event
- Nathan's Garage Sale
More than anything, Nathan wanted to be able to ride a bike. Living with cerebral palsy, this simple act performed by kids all across the country seemed like an unattainable dream.Learn about this event